- Froebel Gifts
- Beechwood building blocks designed by Friedrich Froebel for the first Kindergarten
Engaging Children in Learning: The Australian Development Curriculum
Play Matters provides information, examples and practical strategies for classroom teachers wishing to explore and implement the Developmental Curriculum (play and project based curriculum) into the learning environment.
Play is often viewed as the reward for when real work is complete. This is not how the term is used in the Developmental Curriculum. Play is part of the learning and work of children.
A play and project based curriculum has its foundations in the developmental perspective that recognises that children are not only biologically influenced in relation to their learning and development, but also shaped through the influences and experiences in their environments. It emphasises that learning is much broader and richer than just literacy and numeracy and is focusing parents, teachers and children on the 'whole' child.
Play Matters is produced by the Lady Gowrie Child Centre (Melbourne) Inc., a not-for-profit organisation providing excellence in early childhood education and published by ACER Press.
International Design Award Toy
22 beechwood building blocks in red, orange, yellow and nautural. The colourfully illustrated packaging gives several examples of how the building blocks can be put together, built or balanced. There is an inexhaustible number of possibilities for both children and adults to play out their fantasy. Four years and older.
Design: Ronald Lesselt
box size (inches) 11 x 11 x 2
weight 3 pounds
Buy these blocks from Amazon.com
Buy these schneckSTEIN with PayPal for Australian delivery
International Design Award Toy
- The most popular building blocks of all time. The unique stone feel and finish of Anchor Stone Building Blocks has delighted children and adults for more than 120 years. The highly accurate manufacture allows the construction of large buildings.
- Fractiles - 7
- exciting magnetic tiling toy Fractiles - 7 facilitates an intuitive grasp of spatial relationships and invites deeper exploration.
- Zome System
- pure discovery, pure fun! Zome System is a powerful design tool and educational toy for children and hobbyists, students, teachers and researchers. Precision molded in ABS plastic, it will change the architecture of your mind.
- Super Magz
- magnetic construction toy Create structures of amazing strength and complexity in two and three dimensions.
These internationally respected educational products are available for you to own from the Ozpod creative play online shop. For more information contact email@example.com
Friedrich Froebel: His Life, Times and Significance
This book by Peter Weston for the general reader is an illustrated life of Friedrich Froebel that places him in the turbulent political and intellectual context of his times. It also identifies those aspects of his educational practice that are of enduring value in the contemporary world. Dimensions (in inches) 8.3 x 8.3 x 0.1
Environmental education is important for our children from their earliest years so they can grow up with the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to take environmentally responsible actions.
Snails live in houses too: Environmental education for the early years provides many teaching strategies and experiences which can be integrated into all aspects of the early childhood program with the aim of encouraging children to be environmentally aware.
The Sustainable Way
Sustainability is about leaving a society, natural environment and stable economy for our children's children's children. Of equal importance is the broader concept of sustainability as it applies to survival of organisations, individuals and other entitites.